Medicare does not cover areas of typical dental, vision, or hearing expenses. Each of these are important for good health.
Since Medicare Supplement plans don’t provide dental, vision, or hearing coverage, there are plans available that can help towards covering these expenses. Senior Savings Services can let you know of the dental, vision, and hearing options in your area. Benefits on the types of plans we have found to be most useful include:
- Ability to go to any dental, vision, or hearing provider
- No medical questions for approval
- Dental: Covers towards dental x-rays, cleanings, fillings, extractions, root canals, bridges, full dentures or partials
- Vision: Covers towards eye exam, eye glasses, or contacts
- Hearing: Covers towards hearing exam and hearing aids
While most vision is not covered by Medicare, there are some vision benefits Medicare will cover. These situations are shown below.
If you are diabetic: Medicare Part B will cover a yearly eye exam.
If you have high risk for glaucoma: Medicare Part B covers a glaucoma test yearly.
If you have macular degeneration: Medicare Part B covers certain diagnostic tests and treatments for conditions of the eye.
Cataract operations are covered under Medicare Part B for anyone on Medicare.
Contact Senior Savings Services at 1-800-592-0819 to learn about options available to you for dental, vision, and hearing expenses.